A Commitment to Ecological Sustainability
Coco-fibre pots are our sustainable alternative to nursery industry standard plastic pots. Repurposed in nursery containers, coconut fibre is a solution that is ecologically wise, provides community benefits, is a time-saver, and allows us to offer you healthier plants. We have field tested this solution for several years, and we see positive results!
Click to download a PDF of our Coco-Fibre Planting Tips.
Benefits that we have seen for ourselves and heard of from our valued customers: Early survivability benefit
- Pot stays on the plant, reducing planting stress
- No wicking of moisture up from the ground through exposed rim of coco pot
- Unaltered soil pH and nutrient availability as coco fibres degrade
- Excellent root penetration, ensuring quick establishment
Long-term health benefit
- Porous pot walls allow air root pruning
- Significantly reduced root circling inside the pot
- Increased lateral root branching in the ground, pursuant to natural rooting
- Natural root structure benefits the plant for its lifetime
- Healthy roots = healthy plants!
Time saving benefit
- No need to remove pots
- No need to pick up empty pots
- No need to dispose of pots when the job is done
- No plastic or non-renewable materials used
- Only 3 ingredients: coconut husk fibre, organic latex, trace sulphur
- Coconut husk fibre is a common by-product of the coconut industry
- Sri Lankan workers, local to the coco-fibre source, are employed at fair wages